This contest is closed.
Patexia is looking for descriptions of a method for wirelessly transferring data directly from one phone to another phone, that can operate without any Internet access.
Submitted documents describing this system must be:
- in the public domain before 01/01/2013
- any patents submitted (including US patents) must have been published before 01/01/2013
- US patents filed before the date, but whose applications were not published until after, will not be considered
The entire submission must describe a method where:
- data is copied from one mobile device and then wireless transferred to another mobile device
- the wireless transfer is directly from device to device such that: (1) no 3rd party server or computer is used and (2) the data is never transferred across the Internet
- the wireless transfer can occur between devices regardless of their platform or operating system (e.g. Blackberry to iOS, iOS to Android, etc)
- the wireless transfer can occur regardless of the size of the data being sent
This contest is for a prior art search in the context of transferring data at a retail location when a customer purchases a new phone and wishes to transfer all data from their old phone to their newly purchased device.
|1||Is the reference either a US patent published, a foreign patent published, or a non-patent document published before January 1st, 2013?||T/F|
|2||Is the reference generally about wirelessly transferring content directly from one mobile phone to another mobile phone?||T/F|
|3||Does the reference further show that the transfer occurs over Wi-Fi or a WLAN without transferring the content over the Internet?||10|
|4||(3a) Does the reference further show that this wireless transfer is made directly from device to device, (1) without the need of a third-party server or computer (e.g., without accessing Cloud storage), and (2) without the transfer of the content over the Internet?||50|
|5||(3b) Does the reference further show that this wireless transfer can occur regardless of the platform or OS of the mobile device?||20|
|6||(3c) Does the reference further show that there are no data size limitations on the wireless transfer?||20|
This is a Prior Art Search contest aimed at determining if a patent idea was known and publicly available before a patent was filed.
+5 bonus points will be awarded for non-patent literature and for foreign language references.
This contest will close on Wednesday, May 13th, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST.
Please review the Contest Rules. For more information on how to submit to this Contest type, please read the Intro to Prior Art Search page.
- All work must be original and prepared by a single author
- Maximum of one entry per person allowed
- Maximum length of 1,500 words
- Entries must be in English
- Ideas should be clearly expressed at a college-educated, non-expert level
- All submissions are subject to Patexia's contest legal terms
- Failure to follow these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest