Req. No.: PA1031
Title: Director of Business Development
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Monica CA
Compensation: est. total of $120K to $200K (Base: $70K to $90K)
Travel: about 10 percent per year
Patexia, an online platform for intellectual property (IP) professionals, is looking for a Director of Business Development to join the only AI-driven ranking platform (SaaS) for attorneys and law firms. This is a unique opportunity to launch a new product and build a team under your management.
If you are the type of person who would enjoy changing an old-fashioned legal sector and have a proactive, detail-oriented nature, keep reading.
- Managing the strategy and sales growth for SaaS tools, sponsorship, and expert witness
- Building and managing the team for sales to corporate inhouse counsel and law firm partners
- Skilled at developing strong relationships that may lead to developing the business through partnerships both short and long term
- Bringing a robust understanding of the legal industry and will be financially savvy to ensure thoughtful decisions are made leading to the growth of digital and sponsored content
- Establishing relationships with law firms’ practice chairs and corporate legal departments
- Leading the development of sales campaigns, and defining individual team members' targets
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- 10+ years of experience in business development
- Great communication skills including the ability to make senior-level client presentations
- Detail-oriented and analytical; reliable and responsive
- Positive mental attitude
- Ability to define goals and deliver results
- Organized and punctual
- Career-oriented with a desire for growth
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative and fun environment
- A game-changing legal ranking platform built by our talented team
- Generous pay package
- Possibility to work from home (remote work).
Patexia Inc. is a privately held company founded in 2010 and located in Santa Monica, California. Patexia was founded on a simple idea: use the power of information, collaboration and technology to advance the world of intellectual property (IP). The essence of Patexia’s model is to create an active IP community and develop the right technological tools to bring more transparency, efficiency, and value to IP.