- IP LITIGATION
Release Date: February 3rd, 2022
For the 2021 Patent Litigation Report, click here.
While changes such as the introduction of PTAB in 2012 or Alice 101 decision had impacted the patent litigation activity, in the first half of 2021 we saw a great recovery in patent litigation with more than 2000 cases over that six month period alone. With 14,506 patent cases filed over the last four years, patent litigation is increasing again.
Similar to other Patexia Insight Reports, this new report will cover all the stakeholders involved in district court patent litigation. The period of study covers all cases filed from July. 1, 2017, through Jun. 30, 2021. This period covers:
- 14,506 District Court Patent Cases
- 12,293 Unique Patents
- 14,251 Defendants and Plaintiffs
- 3,050 Law Firms
- 14,685 Attorneys
Just like we did the last year again this year, even based on your feedback, we have decided to provide separate rankings for:
- Patent Litigators (Partners, and Associates)
- Local Counsel
Similar to other reports, the rankings will cover the "Most Active" and "Best Performing" in the following categories:
The "Best Performing" category is calculated based on the outcome of all the terminated cases for the period of the study. Our research team will review the judgments and allocate points to respective parties.
We will provide an Excel file together with the report to cover up to the top 1,000 most active attorneys, law firms, companies, judges and top 3 clients for each firm and the top 3 law firms representing each company.
Note: If you are interested in all our Intelligence Reports including Patent Litigation, ANDA, IPR, ITC, Trademark Intelligence, CAFC and Patent Prosecution, consider Patexia Concierge Program which also provides your organization with online access to various stats related to all IP firms and attorneys.
WHY SHOULD MY LAW FIRM PURCHASE THIS REPORT?
- Many law firms and attorneys feel the need to differentiate their patent litigation practice, so we have evaluated several thousand law firms and attorneys by activity and performance, enabling attorneys and practice groups to market themselves based on independent third-party rankings and proven results.
- You can use the statistics we have provided in the report to emphasize your strengths for potential clients.
- If you are ranked in the report, it means you or your firm are in the top 1 percentile in the respective category.
WHY SHOULD MY COMPANY PURCHASE THIS REPORT?
- Many companies have difficulty finding the right counsel when it comes to patent litigation. So we evaluated several thousand law firms and attorneys by activity and performance, enabling companies to choose based on independent third-party rankings and proven records.
- The attorneys named in the report represent the top 1 percentile in their respective categories.
- When you consider the budget for outside counsel, the hourly rates some of the top attorneys charge, and the value of your intellectual property, we feel that the statistics and analysis provided in this report can provide valuable insights and be a part of your decision-making process.
This report is being furnished pursuant to, and is subject to, the Terms of Service of Patexia, Inc. (“Patexia”) found at https://www.patexia.com/terms_of_service.html, as the same may be modified from time to time (the “Terms of Service”) and the terms set forth below.
The report and the information, text, statistics, data, material and graphics (the “Content”) in the report are protected by copyright. You may not remove the copyright notice from the report. You are free to share the report within the organization that purchased this report. You may not otherwise modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, share or distribute the report or any aspect of the Content without the prior written permission of Patexia; provided, however, that if your organization is ranked in the report, you may accurately publish and share with third parties the fact of the numerical ranking of your organization in the report.
All sales of reports are final. You may not return a report for a refund once have paid for the report.