About the IPR Intelligence Report
Performance and activity of all stakeholders have been evaluated and we have identified the top 50 on the patent owner side, petitioner side or overall.
Badges and Definitions
The badges are classified by RANKING (Top 10, Top 25, and Top 50) and CATEGORY (Most Active, and Best Performing.).
The activity and perfornance has been calculated for all attorneys and law firms involved in IPR cases representing either the Patent Owner or the Petitioner.
The following three badges identifies the top 10, 25 and 50 most active attorneys / law firms, respectively. These badges will only be provided to those law firms or attorneys, ranked in our 2017 IPR Intelligence report, who have already purchased the Platinum Edition of the report.
To calculate the Best Performing attorneys / law firms, we looked the outcome of the cases they represented while limited the cases to those with one of the following statuses: Terminated-Denied, Terminated-Settled, Instituted and Final Written Decision. Then we assigned the winner for each case based on the following table:
|Final Written Decision - No claim Canceled||Patent Owner|
|Final Written Decision - One or more claims Canceled||Petitioner|
The performance was calculated by calculating the ratio of wins to total cases for each type (Petitioner, Patent Owner or both).
The following three badges identifies the top 10, 25 and 50 best performing attorneys / law firms, respectively. These badges will only be provided to those law firms or attorneys, ranked in our 2017 IPR Intelligence report, who have already purchased the Platinum Edition of the report.
Once purchased the Platinum Edition of the IPR Intelligence Report, the law firm will receive maximum of two badges that represents their best rankings. For example, if they were ranked among the top 50 best performing law firms representing petitioners and top 10 best performing law firms representing patent owners, they will receive a single badge for Top 10 Best Perming law firms.
● Display on the law firm website
● Publish on social media
● Include in collateral such as brochures, letterhead, posters
● Include in presentations or sales pitches
- To access all Top 50 rankings across categories, display a badge on your website or issue a press release, you will need to purchase the Platinum Edition.
- Once purchased, the license for the report is granted to the entire organization which includes distribution to all attorneys and staff. This does not include rights to distribution outside of your organization.
- You can disclose your exact ranking in different categories to your current or future clients to help with your sales pitch. However, disclosure of charts, tables, other firms' rankings, ... is not allowed outside of your organization.
IPR Intelligence Report is available for immediate download from Patexia IP Insights Platform